Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Beregost began as a small farming village, established some time after 1026 DR to support the school of magic run by the wizard Ulcaster. The school was destroyed in 1106 DR by Calishite mages and now only the ruins remain. The settlement, however, thrived and as of 1368 DR it had grown into a large town and an important trading center.
There is a large inn, The Red Sheaf, and a tavern, The Burning Wizard. East of town is a large temple to Lathander. In the workshop district northeast of the inn, the famous Thunderhammer Smithy puts out the finest arms and armaments outside of Baldur’s Gate.